It was wailing and gnashing of teeth in the early hours of Sunday as six worshippers were feared dead after a high tension electric wire suddenly snapped and fell on the victims during church service.
However, the true identify of victims could not be ascertained as at press time.
Eyewitness account revealed that the incident occured at 07:34 am on El-Adonai Evegenlical Ministry, 18 Jibiwu Road, off Agbe Road, U-turn Bus Stop, Abule Egba, Lagos.
The incident involved, a high tension connecting the Cherum & Saraphim, C&S, Church’s flag pole leading to the electrical shock of about 6 male adults.
Presently, men.of the Agege Fire Station of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service have cordoned off the area to secure lives and properties..
Director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Mrs. Adeseye Margaret, confirmed the incident, but not acertained the number of death, saying some of the victims were unsconcious as at press time.
“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment, while rescue operations continue amid youths restiveness and tensed situation,” Adeseye stated.